The Client Associate will provide technical and administrative support to the Commercial team. The role supports and interacts with Client Executives and Client Managers, in a team based environment, to ensure that our clients receive efficient, high quality service.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Preparing evidence of insurance for clients such as certificates of insurance, binders, cover notes, endorsements and other forms of coverage confirmations
- Preparing and issuing invoices, premium allocations and premium financing contracts for clients as necessary
- Preparing underwriting submissions for new and existing clients for insurance marketing purposes
- Helping to handle daily administration including following up on documentation requests, conducting policy wording reviews and issuing policy documentation to clients
- Delivering superior customer service while adhering to guidelines and workflows
- Assisting team members with various efforts to identify and organize new business prospects.
- Receive internal training on client management systems, most notably “TAM”
- With guidance from colleagues, receive direction and training on the insurance placement process, identifying risk exposures, insurance product features and insurance market workings through active involvement in supporting client relationships
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Secondary school diploma required. Post-secondary degree/diploma preferred.
- One (1) to two (2) years in an insurance brokerage is preferred but not required.
- A RIBO license would be an asset; the willingness to acquire the license is required.
- Excellent attention to detail, strong team player and a willingness to learn.
- Able to meet deadlines and manage competing priorities from multiple stakeholders in a fast-paced environment.
- Efficiency, organizational and communication skills are paramount.
- Solid computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Insurance Management Systems – TAM is preferred.
- Basic knowledge of insurance terminology
The position offers a competitive employment package and compensation commensurate with experience in a collaborative work environment. The position will start as soon as possible.
Kindly apply below or forward your resume and cover letter via email to Mark_Thom@ajg.com using the subject line “Client Associate – Hamilton”.