Working closely with the Hamilton Sports & Recreation team, you will play a significant role to ensure that our clients receive efficient, high quality service. You will contribute to the
department’s growth by providing strong technical and administrative support to the Client Managers/Executives in the Sports & Recreation department.
Duties & Responsibilities
As a Client Associate, your duties and responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Preparation of certificates of insurance including using Certificate Exchange & preparation of Confirmations of Insurance
- Preparation of new and renewal packages
- Entry of program information such as user group programs and answering basic queries from permit holders
- Answer basic questions from clients
- Submission of claims reports to insurers and follow up claim status for clients
- Involvement in the accounts receivable process
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- A RIBO license would be an asset; the willingness to acquire the license is required
- One (1) to two (2) years in an insurance brokerage is preferred but not required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Solid computer skills: MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Insurance Management Systems – (TAM) is preferred
- Basic knowledge of insurance terminology
- High level of accuracy & attention to detail
- Good organizational and time management skills. Able to multitask and prioritize multiple projects
- Analyzes options & carries out solutions
- Enthusiastically supports change, shares expertise, takes responsibility for personal & professional development
- Willingness to work outside of regular office hours, as occasionally required
The position offers a competitive employment package and compensation commensurate with experience in a friendly and collaborative work environment.
We are looking to fill one contract role (1 year) and one full time role. The positions will start as soon as possible.
Kindly apply with the online application below or forward your resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line “Client Associate – Sports and Recreation, Hamilton”.