Reporting to the Senior VP of Sports and Recreation, the Client Manager will play a significant role by contributing to the department’s growth through your service orientation and new business production. With responsibility for a book of business, the Client Manager will utilize our product offerings to meet client needs, while focusing on business development and profitable growth.
Duties & Responsibilities
Participate in managing a designated client portfolio, including:
- Working alongside colleagues in the Sports and Recreation group to contribute in all aspects of client service (such as sport associations, recreational leagues, sport businesses and user group programs, among other things)
- Preparing underwriting submissions for marketing purposes, negotiating coverage terms and conditions with insurers and helping to manage claims
- Managing daily administration including client and insurer correspondence, policy wording reviews, issuance of policies, binders, certificates and invoicing
Participate in new business initiatives, including:
- Continuously working to identify prospective new sport clients
- Actively attending new and existing client meetings with colleagues that are of a strategic nature, where our service commitments are made, and adding new products or services are
- Preparing presentations, reports and other “pitch” documents to support discussions with prospective clients on new business
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- A minimum 3 years insurance brokerage experience, in a client facing position
- A current RIBO license
- Experience working with commercial insurance markets
- Excellent computer skills with superior knowledge of TAM, MS Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Superior organizational skills, flexibility, an eye for detail, and an ability to work independently, while taking initiative to start and complete tasks without direction
- Self-motivating, client oriented, and team oriented
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills and experience explaining complex matters, in drafting memos, letters, presentations, etc.
- Strong technical and insurance market knowledge
- Ability to meet deadlines, multi-task and prioritize in a fast paced environment
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Willingness to work outside of regular office hours, as occasionally required
The position offers a competitive employment package and compensation commensurate with experience in a friendly and collaborative work environment.
The position will start as soon as possible.
Kindly apply below with our online application, or forward your resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line “Client Manager – Sports and Recreation, Hamilton”.