Get a Quote Contact Us

Tenants Insurance

Protecting your lifestyle costs less than you think.

At Pearson Dunn Insurance, we understand that you’re likely more concerned about meeting your monthly costs than shopping for tenants insurance.

However, your landlord’s insurance policy only covers the building and common elements. That means as a tenant, you have a lot of the same risk management concerns as homeowners.

Even if a condominium corporation owns your building, personal insurance coverage is still required in order to protect yourself and your personal belongings in the event of damage, theft or liability.

Insuring your belongings can actually be quite affordable. Let our insurance advisors help you assess the different coverage options available to you and come up with a cost-effective solution that fits your needs.

When shopping for tenants insurance, ask your insurance broker about:

  • Making sure your personal property is sufficiently covered
  • Improvements and Betterments that you have added to the interior of your unit
  • Additional Living Expenses should your unit become uninhabitable
  • Even though you don’t own the building, you can still be sued by someone who is injured while visiting you, so make sure you have coverage for personal liability and medical payments
  • Voluntary Property Damage, which means the insurer pays for unintentional direct damage you cause to your property even though you may not be legally liable

We believe in providing our clients with advocacy, choice and independent advice. This is our “Personal Protection Promise” to you.